|Item Weight||17 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||480 x 5 x 0.25 inches|
|Item model number||30240|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer Part Number||30240|
MEGAWARE KEELGUARD Pontoon Guard – Pontoon Boat Tube and Log Bumper Guard (40ft Kit – Pontoon up to 25ft, Black)
We don’t know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- PROTECT Vulnerable and Exposed Areas of Your Pontoon Against Unsightly Dents and Scrapes Caused from Docks and Other Pontoons
- SUPER STRONG 1/4 in. Thick Ultra-Tough Polymer Composite for Maximum Durability; 3-1/2″ Wide
- Machine Contoured Leading Edge for a Sleek Streamlined Look; Contoured Sides for a Clean, Tight Seal; UV-Stabilized for True Colors that Last a Lifetime
- 3M Reflective Strip to Enhance the Visibility of the Pontoon in Nighttime or Low-Light Conditions when Illuminated by a Light Source Such as Headlights or Search Lights
- DO-IT-YOURSELF Installation; 3-Year Manufacturer WARRANTY; Made in the USA
Click to View Post Navigation
- Product Description
- What’s in the box
- Customer reviews
Megaware PontoonGuard is a custom engineered protection and safety product designed specifically for your pontoon. The PontoonGuard protects the exposed and vulnerable areas of your pontoon against abrasion and chafing caused by docks, other pontoons, and hidden obstacles. The PontoonGuard also incorporates a 3M reflective strip to enhance the visibility of the pontoon in nighttime or low-light conditions when illuminated by a light source such as headlights or search lights. This can be useful either on or off water while beached, anchored, trailered or parked.
CREATE A CUSTOMIZED LOOK FOR YOUR PONTOON WHILE INCREASING SAFETY
PROTECT EXPOSED AND VULNERABLE AREAS OF YOUR PONTOON
- Make Your Vessel More Visible During Night Operations or While Anchored or Beached
- Avoid Unsightly Dents and Scrapes from Docking Your Pontoon
- Add a Custom Sleek Look to Your Pontoon
- 3M Reflective Strip Increases Visibility and Safety
- Super Strong 1/4 Inch Thick Ultra-Tough Polymer Composite For Maximum Durability
- Machined Contoured Leading Edge For a Sleek, Streamlined Look
- Contoured Sides For a Clean, Tight Seal
- Made in the USA
Available in 2 Lengths and 4 Great Looking Colors to Compliment Your Pontoon. All Colors are UV-Stabilized for a True Color That Lasts.
PROTECTION AND SAFETY
The Megaware PontoonGuard incorporates a 3M reflective strip to enhance the visibility of the pontoon in nighttime or low-light conditions when illuminated by a light source such as headlights or search lights. This can be useful either on or off water while beached, anchored, trailered or parked.
Megaware PontoonGuard is available in two lengths and comes in 4 great looking colors to compliment your pontoon. All colors are UV-stabilized for true color that lasts.
- 32 ft Kit – (2) 16 ft. Lengths For Pontoons up to 21 ft.
- 40 ft Kit – (2) 20 ft. Lengths For Pontoons 22–25 ft.
The PontoonGuard is a very simple product to install; however the Application Instructions contained in the package must be STRICTLY followed. Any shortcuts or missed steps will jeopardize and compromise the full bonding capabilities of the 3M adhesive and result in product failure.
- 3M recommends the adhesive should NOT be applied when temperatures are below 65° F. or above 100° F. Keep in mind, even if the ambient air temperature is above 65° F, the aluminum surface temperature may be lower. If the pontoon is stored outside in cooler weather, bring it into a warm shop/garage and give the aluminum sufficient time to rise to an acceptable temperature. It is important that the PontoonGuard and the aluminum tubes of the pontoon are at the same temperature during the application process.
- To keep your PontoonGuard looking new, clean with mild soap and water. If you wish to re-apply any metal protectants or clean the tubes with any products beyond a mild soap, mask off the PontoonGuard to protect the finish and reflective strip.
EASY DO-IT-YOURSELF APPLICATION
Thoroughly wash your pontoon to remove any algae or oxidation. Remove any waxes or metal protectants such as Sharkhide per manufacturer recommendations.
Clean the area where the PontoonGuard will be installed with isopropyl alcohol.
Measure the length of the pontoon tube. If the PontoonGuard is too long, trim the PontoonGuard with a utility knife on the rear squared edge for a precise fit.
Measuring down from the top deck, find the center of your pontoon. Once you have found the center, measure up 1.75″ and make a mark using a pencil. This is where the top of the PontoonGuard will be installed. Next, measure down from the center 1.75″ to mark the bottom of the guard. Continue to measure and mark every 18-24″ down the entire length of the tube.
Align a strip of masking tape along the top marks and continue down the entire length of the pontoon. Repeat using the lower marks. Verify that the spacing between the masking tape is 3.5″ and that the alignment is straight. (It will be used as a guide during the application process).
Using the provided 3M Scotch-Brite pad, thoroughly etch the entire length of the pontoon within the masked area.
Thoroughly clean the area again with isopropyl alcohol, using paper towels or a clean cloth. Repeat until the cloth or paper towel show no signs of residue left on the tube.
Do NOT use paint thinner or other petroleum based cleaners as they can leave a film that will compromise the bond of the 3M adhesive.
Wearing the protective glove, apply a very thin coat of 3M 94 Primer to the etched and cleaned area. Keep the wipe folded when applying to prevent the wipe from drying out. Make certain to prime the entire area where the
PontoonGuard will be applied, especially the edges. Once applied it will dry almost instantly. The primer interacts with the adhesive to create a bond that will become stronger over time.
The primer is not a cleaning agent or adhesive. Do not over-prime, leaving too little primer left to complete the application.
Pull back 8-10″ of each of the 3 red protective liners from the front of the guard.
Do NOT touch the adhesive with your hands, as any contamination may compromise the bond.
Carefully align the PotoonGuard with the masking tape, and press it firmly in place using your hand or the supplied burnishing tool. Continue to align the PontoonGuard until the entire guard is installed.
NOTE: Once the adhesive touches the surface it becomes a permanent bond and will not release without tearing the adhesive.
Once the PontoonGuard is fully attached, use the burnishing tool to apply additional pressure to the entire length of the PontoonGuard ensuring the adhesive is firmly attached to the tube.
No curing time is required, you are now ready to enjoy boating!
PROTECT YOUR WATERCRAFT WITH PREMIER PRODUCTS FROM MEGAWARE
A Commitment to Excellence in Product Development and Quality Standards
Megaware KeelGuard developed the industry’s first patented, do-it-yourself keel protector in 1992. As a family owned and operated business, Megaware continues to lead the industry in engineering, design and quality with their premier line of products – Keel Guard, Pontoon Guard, Skeg Guard, Skeg Pro, Scuff Buster, FlexStep Pro and BatteryGuard.
Through commitment to excellence in product development, quality standards, technology and customer support, Megaware KeelGuard has grown rapidly and is recognized as a worldwide supplier for the smallest fishing boats to the largest coast guard fleets.
As new technologies emerge, Megaware will incorporate these advancements to further enhance its line of cutting edge, easy-to-use products. Don’t trust your investment to anything less.
What’s in the box
Reviewed in the United States on January 30, 2022
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Reviewed in the United States on September 12, 2020
Reviewed in the United States on May 1, 2019